It has also become a “social machine” and a technological infrastructure for collective intelligence, which constitutes an interesting and complex subject of study. The objective of this course is to provide a comprehensive introduction to the architecture, standards, languages, and models that allow this huge distributed system to function, without forgetting its societal impact.
- The Web’s Architecture and protocols
- A refresher on HTML, CSS, and the Document Object Model
- The Common Gateway Interface and Server-side Programming
- Persistence, AJAX, and REST
- An introduction to Web Services, UDDI, and SOAP
- Web Science: The Web as an object of study.